What information to provide when I offer recurring payments?
When you charge your card payments automatically (recurring payments) it's important for you to inform your customers about creating and settings of a recurring payment.
When you create a recurring payment, make sure that your customers agree to:
- creating of a recurring payment and its parameters
- storing their card data in the system of the GoPay payment gateway
Also, tell your customers that GoPay handles their card data in compliance with the PCI-DSS Level 1 security standard (which is the highest data security standard in the payment industry).
Recurring payment parameters are:
- reason of creating a recurring payment (e.g.: subscription)
- maximum amount of recurring payment
- whether the amount is fixed or flexible
- a period for which the recurring payment will be charged
- date or frequency of charging the recurring payment
- whether the date or frequency of charging the recurring payment is fixed or flexible
- a particular way of communicating with your customers (for example: via e-mail from the order form)
- information on how to cancel and refund the recurring payment, or a link to such conditions
Place the parameters of the recurring payment on a visible place on your website where your customers give a consent to the recurring payment; however, it must be separate from your Terms and conditions.
We suggest that you store the customer's consent to parameters of a recurring payment at least for 12 months from cancelling the recurring payment, in case you would need to prove that the customer gave you the consent.
GoPay tip: Add all the information about recurring payments to your Terms and conditions at your website.
Once your customers agree to the creation of a recurring payment, send them a confirmation of a recurring payment creation by 2 working days.
Also, inform your customers at least 7 days ahead when:
- you are about to charge a following recurring payment but the last recurring payment was made 6 months ago
- the free trial has ended and you are about to charge the first recurring payment
- you are about to change some parameters (for example a frequency of charging the recurring payment)