What information do I need to put on my website in terms with recurring payments?
If you provide recurring payments (automatic subscription) at your website, you need to inform your customer about settings of such payment, so that you don't risk any misunderstandment from customers. .
When the recurring payment is created, obtain customer's consent with:
- parameters of the recurring payment (amount, frequency, etc)
- saving of the payment details at the GoPay payment gateway
Inform your customer that the GoPay payment gateway is PCI DSS Level 1 compliant which is the highest level of the data security standard in the payment card industry.
The recurring payment has the following parameters:
- purpose for which the recurring payment has been created (online subscription, membership, etc)
- the maximum amount of the recurring payment
- whether the amount is fixed or variable
- period for which the recurring payment will be charged
- date or frequency of charging
- whether the date or frequency is fixed or variable
- which communication channel can be used by your cusotmer in order to change the parameters of the recurring payment (eg. e-mail address provided in the order)
instructions on how to cancel or refund the recurring payment, or link to this text
Present the above-mentioned parameters at the visible part of your website. Don't forget to separate them from your terms and conditions.
Keep the customer's consent to the parameters of the recurring payment for at least 12 months, so that you have a proof that the customer was informed about the payment.
After the customer gives a consent to the parameters of the recurring payment, send them a notification within 2 days that the recurring payment has been created.
Also, inform your customer within 7 days ahead if:
- you are about to collect the payment and it was 6 months from the last payment
- the free trial period has ended and you are about to collect the first payment
- you are about to change any of the parameter (for example the frequency of the recurring payment)
Once the recurring payment is created, inform your customer about it.