How Does the Client Identification Process Work?
The GOPAY company must meet the requirements stipulated by Act No. 253/2008 Coll., on selected measures against legalization of proceeds of crime and against terrorism financing (hereinafter “Act”).
This article describes the process of how you can verify your identity. Please read the following text carefully. Should you have any inquiries, contact your GoPay Sales Representative.
When do we require your identity?
We require the verification of your identity in accordance with requirements adduced in paragraph 7 of Act together with Section § 13 d.
You can verify your identity:
- before establishing a business relationship
- during maintaining a business relationship
You can undertake the verification of your identity during maintaining a business relationship, if you assume that your turnover will not be high (therefore it does not exceed the limits set by law) at the beginning of your business relationship. Please bear in mind that once you exceed the limits set by law (see below) you will not be allowed to manage your funds (see Section 5.1 in Terms and Conditions), unless you undergo a successful verification of your identity. However, the GoPay Payment Gateway will still remain active at your marketplaces.
When does exceeding of the limits occur?
- when your annual turnover produced within the GoPay payment system exceeds the amount of 250 EUR
- when you request to clear your funds, but they accumulatively exceed the amount
of 100 EUR for a calendar year
How does the identification process work?
You can choose from the following types of identification process:
- a personal identification at the GOPAY company’s headquarters (Planá 67, České Budějovice 370 01).
Contact your GoPay Sales Representative to make an appointment and visit us at the GOPAY company’s headquarters. Bring the necessary documents and pieces of evidence.
- a personal identification in Prague
Contact your GoPay Sales Representative to make an appointment (anywhere in Prague). Complete the Identification Form (find attached below) and bring it together with the necessary pieces of evidence at the agreed place.
- by presenting pieces of evidence to a notary, or municipality
Please read the article The Official Public Document of Identification for further information and send either an original version, or certified copy by mail to the GOPAY company’s mailing address.
What pieces of evidence do you need to present?
A person who wants to undertake the identification process must bring the pieces of evidence which are compliant with the current legislation. These are the following documents:
- dentification Card,
- in case you are a business/legal entity, we require an original version of the extract from the Trade and Companies Register
- in case you are appointed to perform activities on behalf of the company officer, we require either an original version of the power of attorney, or its copy certified by a notary, or municipality
In case your company’s headquarters is outside of the Czech Republic, or Slovakia, we may require an apostille or other certified documents. For further information please contact your GoPay Sales Representative.
Only the person who has signed the contract is required to undertake the identification process.
*If you are a politically exposed person according to paragraph 4, section 5 of Act, you must undertake the identification process before establishing a business relationship
*If your company’s headquarters is outside of the Czech Republic, or Slovakia, you must undertake the identification process before establishing a business relationship
*The GOPAY company reserves the right to require you to undertake the identification process before establishing a business relationship
**Conversion to CZK currency is subject to the current exchange rate of the Czech National Bank (CNB)